Thursday 19 January 2017
Call for Entries for 2017 Australian Effie Awards Announced
Full media release | Download entry kit
New Categories Announced
The Communications Council has today announced the 2017 Call for Entries for the Australian Effie Awards, with the closing date set for Thursday 20 April.
Running for the ninth consecutive year, the awards celebrate the effectiveness of creative communications, recognising campaigns that can demonstrate outstanding measurable results.
Following an annual review, three new categories will be introduced this year to award work in important and evolving areas, including:
- Marketing Solutions other than Communications - How the core solution to the marketing challenge helped a business to grow or overcome barriers using marketing levers other than communications e.g. product, pricing, distribution or innovation.
- Media-Led Idea - Media cannot exist without content, but this award is intended to recognise those cases that were led by the media thinking, and would not have been successful without the strategic media idea.
- Media Partnership Activation - Winners of this award will represent those advertisers and media partners that knew exactly where and how to connect with their audience via the assets of a media company.
The full list of 25 categories is as follows:
- Best State Campaign
- Beverages – Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic
- Digitally Led Ideas
- Financial Services
- Food, Confectionery & Snacks
- Health and Well-being
- Insight & Strategic Thinking
- Long Term Effects
- Most Original Thinking
- Marketing Solutions other than Communications
- Media-Led Idea
- Media Partnership Activation
- New Product or Service
- Not For Profit & Cause Related Marketing
- Online Brands
- Other Consumer Goods
- Other Services
- PR-Led Campaign
- Return on Investment
- Short Term Effects
- Small Budget
- Travel, Leisure & Media
- Use of Data
IDEAS THAT WORK.