The Effie Awards Dinner & Presentation
The Australian Effie Awards Dinner and presentation to celebrate and recognise 'Ideas that Work'. Presented by The Communications Council and the Australian Association of National Advertisers in association with Think TV.
Thursday 31 August 2017
Venue: Parkside Ballroom, International Convention Centre, Darling Harbour, Sydney
Time: Pre-show cocktails 6.30pm. Show starts promptly at 7.30pm.
Members Non Members
$270 (inc GST) $300 (inc GST)
Members Table (10) Non Members Table (10)
$2,700 (inc GST) $3,000 (inc GST)
Wednesday 28 June 2017
2017 Australian Effie Awards Announce 97 Finalists in Round One
Full Press Release | Finalist List
Following a rigorous round of online judging by 125 industry experts, The Communications Council announces 97 finalists from 34 agencies on behalf of 46 clients have made it into round two of the Australian Effie Awards.
Finalists now compete for effectiveness awards across 24 categories, assessed by a team of 50 senior marketers, consultants and researchers.
Chairman of Judges, Colin Wilson-Brown said "I'd like to thank the first round judges for their time, insights and scrutiny. To see such a high number of finalists progress sends a strong message around the value of the work being delivered by our industry. The next round takes that further, with cases and results assessed by panels of senior marketers, providing a client perspective on how agency work is driving business performance."
The Effie winners, Effective Agency of the Year, Advertiser of the Year, and Grand Effie will be announced at a presentation in Sydney on Thursday 31 August.
The Effies are jointly presented by The Communications Council and the Australian Association of National Advertisers (AANA) in association with Think TV. Other sponsors and supporters include Displayground, Healthcare Communications Council, Hourigan International, Shootsta and UnLtd.
Thursday 19 January 2017
Call for Entries for 2017 Australian Effie Awards Announced
Full media release | Download entry kit
New Categories Announced
The Communications Council has today announced the 2017 Call for Entries for the Australian Effie Awards, with the closing date set for Thursday 20 April.
Running for the ninth consecutive year, the awards celebrate the effectiveness of creative communications, recognising campaigns that can demonstrate outstanding measurable results.
Following an annual review, three new categories will be introduced this year to award work in important and evolving areas, including:
- Marketing Solutions other than Communications - How the core solution to the marketing challenge helped a business to grow or overcome barriers using marketing levers other than communications e.g. product, pricing, distribution or innovation.
- Media-Led Idea - Media cannot exist without content, but this award is intended to recognise those cases that were led by the media thinking, and would not have been successful without the strategic media idea.
- Media Partnership Activation - Winners of this award will represent those advertisers and media partners that knew exactly where and how to connect with their audience via the assets of a media company.
The full list of 25 categories is as follows:
- Best State Campaign
- Beverages – Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic
- Digitally Led Ideas
- Financial Services
- Food, Confectionery & Snacks
- Health and Well-being
- Insight & Strategic Thinking
- Long Term Effects
- Most Original Thinking
- Marketing Solutions other than Communications
- Media-Led Idea
- Media Partnership Activation
- New Product or Service
- Not For Profit & Cause Related Marketing
- Online Brands
- Other Consumer Goods
- Other Services
- PR-Led Campaign
- Return on Investment
- Short Term Effects
- Small Budget
- Travel, Leisure & Media
- Use of Data
IDEAS THAT WORK.